Monday, January 17, 2011

safe in portugal !

Hi all,
I am safe in  Portugal. At an internet cafe , having a beer and checking all my emails.
My trip from home was long ... but well worth it. Rachel met me at the airport in London and we spent the day there in London. I saw so much in that first day, but was so tired that i probably only remember half of it haha. (Ali, I think i may have blacked out about 3 or 4 hours hahahah).
Arrived in portugal late and wetnt straight to bed..... its 2 in the afternoon here right now and me and my grandparents have been out on the beach and town all day. I am a little bit red because i~m pretty sure i have the whitest skin in the city and its already burning. but a couple more days will take care of that. i feel a littl emessed up still from the time change but hopefully ill catch up.

we are going to the gypsy market tomorrow which im excited for.... yayyy.

hope everyone reads this and knows im safe. so far the trip is good ... it~s a little strange not being able to understand anyone around you, and i feel a little ignorant for not knowing their language. portugese is a lot more like Russian and Czech than i thought ... its not as beautiful as spanish, and it sounds a lot more confusing.

time to go check my emails and finish this beer. will update by the end of the week. i am going on a jeep tour this week i think, so ill update after that..... Cody, i hope the driver is not as gutsy as you haha.  the drivers on the main roads here are crazzzzzzzzy so i cant imagine what a back road tour will be like. im sure ill be screaming. wish me luck.

love everyone . xoxoxox
leahrose

1 comment:

  1. So happy to that you are safe and sound in sunny Portugal. I envy you on the beach. ha.

    Love Mom

    ReplyDelete